Nobody asked, but Arnica thought he should tell you his preference between dogs or cats.
Neither, if Arnica had his 'druthers (whatever 'druthers' means). But if, with a gun to his junk, he had to choose he would choose cats. Here is the case.
Case against owning/feeding/cleaning up after dogs:
- They slobber.
- The sound of a door locking as you leave causes them go into a state of shock that can often lead to unnecessary, but still frequent futon soiling.
- They don't own-up to their stinky-time. Hey, you with the little plastic bags of dog joy hanging off your belt loop. Dignity called, he'll be out for a while.
- You have to walk them. Fark that!
- They never get any smarter. Till the day they die, they will always fall for the fake ball throwing trick.
- Cats do none of the above.
- When you go on trips, you can leave a big bowl of chow and water, and you are good for a fortnight.
- Cats poop in the same two-foot square their entire lives. This is a point against, but for the fact that you can put that two foot square anywhere, including your roommate's closet or neighbor's shed.